PlayStation 4 Safe Mode normal get activated after improper power-down or any hard drive replacement or power cord comes unattached while system is still on. This feature enables you to start your console with the minimum required functionality.
This feature display a special prompt on boot and automatically scan the PS4 hardware for error as well as corrupted sectors.
Once the safe mode load is success the PS4 Operating System will return to normal setting.
To avoid going to safe mode, and potentially prolong the life of your console, you must always power down correctly. â€‹
- Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold down the power for minimum of 8 seconds and the system will go into safe mode.
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
- How to replace a PS4 Hard Drive
- PS4: How to configure Audio and Display Settings
- Sony has enables more functionality on PS4
- PS4 Owners unable to log into PSN